well actually, sexism is quite effective in meeting men’s hunger needs. because sexism is fundamentally a system men use to extract resources from the earth, through women’s bodies.
most of the world’s labor and food production is done by women. for men or male interests.
so no. sexism is quite an effective way to help men when they are hungry. at the expense of women.
that’s why we have to destroy the patriarchy so we can be free of this shittery.
And this boy is too stupid to know the difference between sex and “gender”. It’s *sexes*, not “genders”. I’m so done with these hipster, shit-for-brains kids confusing their ~*radikewl kweer*~ fanfiction and gendershit LARPing hobby for reality. Learn some goddamn biology and physiology.
(Source: youtube.com, via frickyeahfeminism)
GODDAMN IT TUMBLR, CAN YOU AT LEAST GIVE US THEIR NAMES?!?!?
- Ching Shih was a prominent pirate in middle Qing China, who terrorized the China Sea in the early 19th century. She commanded over 300 junks manned by 20,000 to 40,000 pirates another estimate has Cheng’s fleet at 1800 and crew at about 80,000— men, women, and even children. She challenged the empires of the time, such as the British, Portuguese and the Qing dynasty. Undefeated, she would become one of China and Asia’s strongest pirates, and one of world history’s most powerful pirates. She was also one of the few pirate captains to retire from piracy.
- Nancy Wake (one of the few white women on this list; of course you put her name on the graphic…)
- Lyudmila Pavlichenko
- Rukhsana Kausar
- The Gulabi gang (gulabi is Hindi for “pink”) was founded by Sampat Pal Devi, a mother of five and former government health worker (as well as a former child bride), as a response to widespread domestic abuse and other violence against women.Gulabis visit abusive husbands and threaten to beat them with laathis (sticks) unless they stop abusing their wives. Al Jazeera reports there are 400,000 members across Northern India.
- Neejra Bhanot was just 22 when terrorists from the Abu Nidal Organization hijacked Pan Am Flight 73, where she was the senior flight purser. After 17 hours (and yes, hiding American passports to protect those passengers), when the hijackers opened fire and set off explosives, Bhanot opened the emergency door and helped a number of passengers escape. She could have been the first to jump out when she opened the door but she decided not and was shot while shielding three children from a hail of bullets. Bhanot was recognized internationally as “the heroine of the hijack” and is the youngest recipient of the Ashok Chakra Award, India’s most prestigious gallantry award for bravery during peace time.
- Zainab Bibi, 42, allegedly told authorities she killed her husband Ahmad Abbas because he tried to sexually assault her 17-year-old daughter from another marriage.
- In September 2006, Susan Kuhnhausen found an intruder in her southeast Portland, OR home. “I saw a man step out of the shadows and he began to hit me in the head and the face with a hammer,” said Kuhnhausen. “I got the hammer and started hitting him with the hammer several times. My father, the carpenter, always taught me a hammer could be used for self defense — the claw end would work the best,” said Kuhnhausen. Kuhnhausen’s husband, Michael, had hired Ed Haffey to kill his wife.
- Seriously, fuck this one. The photo is of Parinya Chareonphol or Nong Thoom who is a kathoey, which many Thai believe to be a third gender (as opposed to the Western idea of ‘transgender’.) After a short time as a Buddhist monk, she took up Muy Thai kickboxing to support her parents and make enough money to pay for her sex-reassignment surgery, and basically kicked ass at it for several years. She was not “constantly made fun of before fights;” the Muy Thai community embraced her and her presence greatly revitalized both media and public interest in the sport, as shown by increased ticket sales and stadium revenue. The movie Beautiful Boxer was made about her, and she has recently acted in Mercury Man as well as continuing to kickbox. So yeah, fuck this one hard.
- Juliane Diller née Koepcke was the only survivor of the LANSA Flight 508 crash in 1971. Despite sustaining a broken collar bone, a deep gash to her right arm, a concussion and an eye injury in the fall, she was able to trek through the dense Amazon jungle for 10 days, until she was rescued by local lumbermen, who subsequently took her by canoe back to civilization. It was later discovered that as many as 14 other passengers also survived the initial fall from the disintegrated plane but were unable to seek help and died while awaiting rescue.
Seriously, guys, this took me like 20 minutes using Google and Wikipedia. These women are real people with real names and real stories. Please don’t reduce them to a picture (most of which came from Wikipedia in the first place oh my god i know you were there) and an “uplifting” story.
Look at these kickass women, and remember their names!!
They are so damn raw
(Source: mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, via stfumras)
just a small town girl. Living in a racist, insensitive, sexist, homophobic world,
(cant take the midnight train ‘cause im fuckin scared)
Just a city boy, shot by cops in south Detroit
"He coulda had a gun hiding anywhere"
Up and down the boulevard
Trash cops, assholes in the night
(it goes on and on and on and on)
(Source: princetanaka, via frickyeahfeminism)
I think you might have put that on the wrong post
Fuck. I did. I’ll just put it here. (I’m super fucking tired.)
Planed Parenthood never lied. Dozens of PP’s provide mammograms, it depends on where you go. The machines for mammograms are quite expensive and an organization that provides dozens of low-cost (and sometimes even free services) simply cannot afford one.
Thing Planned Parenthood do supply:
- Free or inexpensive birth control
- Pap smears
- Morning after pill
- breast cancer screenings (yes, they can be preformed without a mammogram, not to mention they will refer you to a place to get a mammogram.)
- Abstinence counseling (seriously.)
- HIV/AIDS counseling, testing and treatment.
- Body image counseling
- Breastfeeding advice
- Treatment for CMV
- Treatment and counseling for STD/STI’s
- FREE CONDOMS & OTHER BARRIER METHODS
- FREE HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea testing in the Plan Van.
- Treatment for ectopic pregnancy
- Fertility Awareness
- HPV tests and treatment and vaccines
- Pregnancy awareness and counseling
- Infertility counseling for men and women
- Intestinal parasite treatment
- LEEP treatment
- Male birth control
- Menopause therapy
- Miscarriage therapy
- Men’s health
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic exams
- Pelvic inflammatory disease treatment
- Pre-pregnancy health
- Prenatal health (my mom actually got this when she was pregnant with me!)
- Pregnancy option counseling
- Relationship abuse counseling
- Safer sex counseling
- Testicular cancer screenings
- Unhealthy relationships counseling
- Vaginitis treatment
So, as you can see, Planned Parenthood does so much more than just abortion and not provide mammograms (in some clinics.) Get rid of Planned Parenthood and you get rid of critical healthcare for millions of Americans.
Charts from OKCupid, showing how straight women and men rate each other based on ages. For women, the men they find most attractive are roughly their own age. For men, the women they find most attractive are roughly the same age - 20 to 23 - regardless of the age of the man. (538)
Good fucking Christ.
Hugh Hefner is a wrinkled old elephant ballsack misogynistic fuck who should hurry the fuck up and just die.
remember when children used to say “i know you are but what am i” bc never in my adult life have i found an incident where that phrase is more appropriate
**Factthe housework, also tend to have more sex.